Weld and Unweld
Weld is a feature that appears in the main menu only when the collar is locked. It is only visible to collar owners. Wearers can use Weld if they are also owners (either by default or because they have added Wearer to the Owner list). Weld permanently removes the ability to unlock the collar. Weld does not reset when the collar is transferred, therefore it is possible to pass a previously welded collar to another avatar. Weld will erase when the collar scripts are manually reset.
To enable weld, lock the collar and press Weld in the button that now appears in the main menu.
- Owners can enable Weld.
- If the owner enables Weld, the wearer gets a dialog request for consent.
- When Weld is enabled, the Lock button disappears from the main menu. At this point, neither the owner nor the wearer can unlock the collar until the weld is broken.
Weld is intended for long term captivity. A welded collar cannot be unlocked because there is no lock on it. For realism, therefore, select a collar that does not have the lock feature to be your welded collar. It takes both owner and wearer to unweld a collar.
If you must:
Steps to Unweld
- Open the collar menu. Go to Settings > AddOn. Uncheck Addon Limited. Only an owner can do this.
- Note: In Settings > AddOn menu there are three buttons. The unwelder is an AddOn. WearerAdd and Addons must both be checked and only AddOns Limit should be unchecked for the Unwelder to connect.
- Acquire an OpenCollar Unwelder. Only the wearer can use the unwelder. There is one rezzed out at the OpenCollar HQ. You can pull and compile an HUD from the git. There may be other places that offer them.
- Touch the unwelder.
- Press Unweld Now.
subscribe via RSS