Welcome to OpenCollar!
OpenCollar (OC) offers a set of scripts for a D/s collar similar to other scripted collars in Second Life. Unlike most other collars, however, OpenCollar is open source. You can read more about what that means at the [Open Source Initiative](https://opensource.org/osd-annotated). You are free to copy and redistribute the OC scripts, provided that you leave them full perms. Read the entire OpenCollar License in the notecard accompanying the scripts. OpenCollar has been continuously operating since 2008 to provide our open source scripts contained in a working collar model free to the BDSM Community of Second Life.
Visit Our Github
- github houses our repository of source code for all our scripts and resources !
Check out our new flickr page!
CURRENT FULL RELEASE: OPEN COLLAR V 8.0.2
Dateline 10 April, 2020.
OpenCollar V 8 is in! You can see the Release Notes here.
New in OpenCollar V 8:
- OpenCollar Remote can now be used by the collar wearer on their own collar
- There is now a “weld” capability.
- You can add a setting using the Settings editor, useful for settings that have no corresponding menu button. No need to create a notecard for these.
- “Stealth” is renamed “Hide/Show”.
- Added the ability for the owner to disable hiding the collar.
- Included internal relay.
- Undress menu is now included in the standard updater and is found in Apps. Updated for BOM layers.
- New themes creation ability for creators (only available on full permission collars).
- AddOns: New script makes it easier to connect other worn attachments and HUDs to the collar menu.
OpenCollar exists to support people exploring submission and domination in Second Life and other virtual worlds. It is nonprofit and volunteer driven. The project builds, maintains, distributes and supports these scripts and the community that uses them. We encourage creation by users as well as designers. We encourage learning by examining the scripts and building with them. We encourage people to share their skills with others. Any user or developer is welcome to use our work as long as they abide by the license and pass on the same permissions they received.
How you can help
OpenCollar help can be found at our Headquarters. Also see the following for our lists of partners and applications to become one!
- Distributors – Please visit our official Distributors for OpenCollar vendors and so much more!
- Designers – For wonderful designers, and an impressive list of creators, visit our Design Partners!
User Guide and Other Useful Links
- Quick User Guide
- Complete User Guide
- How to Update Your OpenCollar
- Release Notes
- List of Contributors
subscribe via RSS